24 Hours Mon - Sun

0800 988 2424

07772 111 222

Essex Locksmith Services

Home Movers Lock Package

A Trusted Family Business Since 1989, Mr Lock Doc Ltd is your 24/7 Essex locksmith service. Locked Out? We can Help, with a 30 minute* response time. We are UPVC Door Specialists and Burglary Prevention and Security Experts.

Call and talk to Chris Your Local Essex Locksmith
  •  Family Run
  •  No Hidden Charges
  •  No Call Out Fees
  •  Police Checked and Verified
  •  Trading Standards Approved

Home Movers Lock Package

Mr Lock Doc provides a Home Movers Lock Upgrade and Security Audit package for all home owners and tenants who have just moved into a new property. Our comprehensive service includes upgrading and changing the existing locks and advice on and fitting of additional home security measures such as – window locks, additional door locks, high security locks, door chains, spy holes, checking euro cylinder locks to see if they need upgrading to those with anti-snap and anti-bump features, plus many more additional high security upgrades for your peace of mind.

Mr Lock Doc offers this service throughout the South East and Essex and there are no call out fees, no hidden extras and no VAT charges. We have been in the business for over 25 years and are highly experienced and Police Checked. We have also been voted the #1 Which Trusted Trader in our region so you can be assured of a quality and hassle-free locksmith service.

Burglary and Break-Ins

If you have just moved into a new home you are twice as likely to suffer a break-in or burglary. Here at Mr Lock Doc we recommend changing your locks as soon as possible after you have moved, preferably on the same day. Changing the locks is often not given a second thought when moving, but it should really be the highest priority because you just do not know who may have duplicate keys and this leaves your security wide open.

Why Should I Change The Locks?

Unless you completely trust the previous occupants of your new home, you probably do not know how many spare keys there are or who was given a spare set. Even if you completely trust the previous owners, Mr Lock Doc still recommends that you change the locks. The only time we can see you would not have to do this is when your parents give you a house or you have moved into theirs, but even then, we would recommend you change them.

Home Office data says you are twice as likely to be burgled within the 12 months of moving into a new home, compared to those who have lived in a property for more than a year. If you have just moved home you are three times more likely to suffer a burglary over those who have lived in the same places for 10 years plus.

Home Security and Insurance

If you do not have adequate home security you are ten times more at risk of suffering a burglary over those occupants who fit even simple security measures such as deadlocks and window locks.

On average, nearly 40,000 house moves are happening each year and for those properties there are at least one spare set of keys in existence somewhere. 60% of home movers do change locks but that leaves 40% that do not, which is a frightening number of spare keys floating around for a potential thief to access your new home.

By not changing locks and adding additional security where needed on your new home, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a burglary and putting your family in danger. It is just not worth it for the cost of changing your locks. If you don’t change your locks you may also find your home insurance policy is void as most of them stipulate you must change the locks when moving into a new property.

Family Run Business

Mr Lock Doc is a family run business with over 20 years experience based in the Latton Bush Centre and provides locksmith services to domestic, commercial and local authority customers. Mr Lock Doc has NO call out charges, we do not charge VAT and there are NO hidden charges, the quote I give you over the phone is the price you will pay. We are the most trusted locksmith in Essex and the South East and provide locksmith services that are Which Trusted Trader Approved, Trading Standards Approved and Police checked.

We aim to respond to and get to you within 30 minutes or less if you are within Essex including Harlow, Chelmsford, Romford, Basildon, Braintree, Cheshunt, Ilford, Dagenham, Bishops Stortford, Hatfield and the general area, so you can be assured that we will arrive to give you the best possible local locksmith service.

  •  Family Run
  •  No Hidden Charges
  •  No Call Out Fees
  •  Police Checked and Verified
  •  Trading Standards Approved